Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Three Little Things That Made a Big Difference

In the beginning of this month I was reminded that everything we do matters in life. I did 3 small things this week that I found out made a big difference to someone else.


I was travelling to Mysore. The train was very crowded one old lady was finding very difficult to get down from the train with all her luggage. In order to help her I just got all her bags down and was waiting for her to get down in between the crowd. The lady got down and thanked me for keeping her bags safely as it had lots of cash in it which she had brought to purchase gold for her daughters wedding.


When I was in the drugstore, a woman stocking cold medicine dropped one. I picked it up and handed it to her, thinking nothing of it. She thanked me and told me her back was hurting and she appreciated what I did.


A friend of mine was walking in the park I just waved out to her with a smile. She did the same thing to me. Few hours later she gave a call to me and told me that she could come out of her sadness to an extent because she had smiled wholeheartedly. And she also chose me to share her sadness with. I found that a few kind words can touch someone more deeply.


A simple “Thank you” does matter and can make someone feel appreciated. A sincere “I’m sorry” does make a difference and can lighten a difficult situation. And a few thoughts from the heart grow larger when they reach someone else’s heart.
Apart from all these I must share one interesting fact about me that is-----‘s smile makes me forget my sadness. ----‘s face brings happiness within me. Yes, it has worked many a times and is still working.


I barely thought much about it when I did any of these things. But I was reminded yet again that everything we do matters. Never underestimate the impact you may have on someone!


See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...we need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Be the Change:
Try spending a part of each day in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment