Monday, March 9, 2009

The Sonnet Effect

Well, its summer in the town where I stay and the earth heating up day by day. It’s just the beginning of summer and I am avoiding going out in the sun out of fear that I might get tanned under the scorching sun. To beat the heat we take up various ways, each one in there own style.

But is it really possible to beat the heat of our mind and heart? It’s been a year since I set fire to my own heart. The one who set fire, I can only compare him to the summer heat. At the same time I remembered the above sonnet of Shakespeare, the great. Shakespeare always wrote about love and friendship that’s why he is regarded as favourite of young hearts.

The sonnet begins with the question "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?” He is more lovely and more temperate. Summer's days tend toward extremes they are shaken by rough winds in them, the sun ("the eye of heaven") often shines too hot, or too dim. And summer is fleeting. Like, he was with me just for few years. My beloved differs from the summer in that respect, his beauty will last forever ("Thy eternal summer shall not fade...") and never die. My beloved's beauty will accomplish this feat, and not perish because it is preserved in my heart, which will last forever; it will live "as long as men can breathe or eyes can see."

I just keep how people in this big bad world can keep moving when they really have pain in their hearts. How much pain does Shakespeare must have gone through in his life for he has written such beautiful lines. His sonnets I am sure applies to many people like me in this world. All the thoughts made me remember about sonnet 18 of Shakespeare. Read and enjoy these wonderful lines if you feel touched just write back to me.
Sonnet 18
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment